I'm not sure what I'm doing awake at this hour, but there are a couple of more detailed pieces on last night's incident with Litvinovich - one article on NEWSru.com, which appears to be sourced from interviews Litvinovich gave to Echo Moskvy radio and to Interfax, and an article at Kasparov.ru, where there's lots of activity in the comments forum.
Interestingly, the longest article on the attack that I've seen so far is by RIA Novosti - though of course their headline calls Litvinovich a "Famous 'Polittekhnolog,'" using a term that can be translated as "political strategist" or "spin doctor." Unfortunately, all of those sources are available in Russian only.
Here is a roundup of English-language sources on the incident (or just check Google News for the latest): MosNews has a bare-bones account, mentioning that Litvinovich hasn't contacted the authorities (but the doctor at Sklifosovsky who treated her did, so they are investigating, according to other reports); Interfax has something enigmatically titled "Garri Kasparov's aide attacked in Moscow (Part 2)"; Regnum has a brief capsule, stating that Litvinovich actually did "appl[y] to the police"; and a Japanese newspaper is running an AP story on the incident.
As often seems to be the case in this part of the world, truth is difficult to sort from fiction, and crazy conspiracy theories seem impossible to distinguish from cynical realism. Stay tuned to the story, although not here - it's unlikely I'll have more on it unless there's some really earth-shattering development.
No comments:
Post a Comment