Of course there's already one comment on Litvinovich's LJ - no doubt the first of many - suggesting that the beating was staged as a publicity stunt by Litvinovich, and the commenter links to another Russian LJ where a blogger calling himself "sumerk bogov" advances a similar theory, calling the happening a "circus," "self-PR'ing," and "self-victimization." Although I'm not sure I agree with his "versiia," Sumerk does make good sport of the prominent typo in the headline of the original NEWSru.com item:
В Мокве жестоко избита советник Гарри Каспарова Марина ЛитвиновичThe graveyard-shift copy editor at NEWSru.com left out the first "S" in Moscow. So, blogger Sumerk ends his post on the matter thusly: "Моква слезам не верит." Or, "Mocow does not believe in tears."
I don't mean to make light of an event that seems like another horrible reminder of the political climate in Russia, but sometimes you have to laugh through the tears. Even if Mocow doesn't believe in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment