Thursday, February 16, 2006

Motivation

Thanks to alert commenter Guy, I've been informed that Scraps of Moscow has been nomintated for "Best CIS Blog" in the 2nd annual European Weblog Awards sponsored by A Fistful of Euros. Objectively speaking, Registan and Neeka's Backlog are both much better blogs (and much more frequently updated than mine has been in the past month), so I can't really ask for your vote with a straight face, except to appeal to your sympathies - please go vote for Scraps so that it's not the last-place contestant in its category...

And congratulations to Nathan and Veronica - whichever one comes out on top, they are both a pleasure to read day in and day out.

Happily, this has provided me with some motivation to resume posting regularly (though of course it can't do much to provide me with more time to post regularly).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

While you were in Moscow, you certainly would have gotten my vote. Your blog is actually the reason I started to read some of these English language blogs about Russia and the CIS. I came upon you through your post on Elena Skochilo of Bishkek (Heroic Bishkek Blogger). She is a long-time friend of mine, and I was searching for where her blog was referenced when I stumbled upon Scraps of Moscow.

After a few months of reading others columns I thought - to heck with this, I can do a better job than half these guys.

I know others came before you and others are perhaps more prolific - but you have done quite a good job of providing both political and social commentary on Moscow and Russia.