V -law and alliance Volga Style - the official site of the rap- commandOK, so maybe it's not nice to make fun of bad translations that trip over every "false friend" possible (команда actually means "group" or "team" in this context in Russian, but it a military context it does mean "command," so it's easy to see why someone might make this mistake). Nice it's not, but it is funny.
Dolphin - the rap- musician - Biography of dolphin (Andrey lysikova). Photographs. Video are clips. Articles of press. Diskografiya, the texts of songs and music in size mp3. chat room and forum.
Prospectus - Lipetsk KhcIp -xop the association - News of urban KhcIp -xop of motion. History of the groups, entering the association: musical, the executors of breyk-dansa, artists to graffiti. Photographs. Musical files in size mp3 and the texts of rap- compositions. Video clips.
Burito - KhcIp -xop the group - Information about each participant in the command. Story about the debyutnom album. Information about the concert projects. Photo-archive. Chat room.
Lipetsk is in da house.
Update - thanks to Polynomous for pointing out that this was probably translated by a website like Babelfish (link is in the right-hand column), which may be useful for other languages but which I can't recommend for Russian -> English based on a couple of tests I gave it.
2 comments:
I couldn't resist and actually did visit the page. If you try to switch between Russian and English and see the difference you'll find a clear evidence that the translation was done by the software, so there's no human being to blame it on, but the author of the said software (which is not te be praised indeed).
So, I think there's nothing ethically wrong with making fun of software but you may feel embarrassed once you find out you were fighting the windmill :)
PS: And yes, sometimes "команда" does mean "command", must be some military dictionary :)
Translations can be really funny sometimes, and sometimes they make you think. For example, a Japanese technical manual referred to a "pointer to void" - very technical term. The English translation?
Fingering the nothingness that underlies everything.Rather poetic, don't you think? I must say, I like that mis-translation. It makes you think...
Post a Comment