Update - Now they are showing a tele-bridge to London and Pozner is interviewing Elton John. Vladimir is reliving his glory days of US-USSR tele-bridges with Phil Donahue.
Nevertheless, this is an amazing broadcast with an amazingly frank discussion. It says something that I am surprised to see such an honest discussion of this on Channel 1.
I just realized that this broadcast must be related to World AIDS Day, which was Dec 1. All of the HIV-positive people on the broadcast are sporting caps with the logo of FrontAIDS , a Russian NGO. It's apparently being sponsored by Alfa Bank (which will be accepting donations at its branches throughout December) and Unilever, among others. I'll have to look for something on the net about this, I didn't find anything on my first search which is surprising if such heavy-hitting sponsors are involved.
They have assembled quite a group of people in the studio - in addition to the NGO representatives and government officials, tennis star Elena Dementieva, rapper Kirill Tolmatskii (a.k.a. "Detsl" of "Legalize" fame), singer Yulia Chicherina and other celebrities were present, as well as "person in the street" types.
No comments:
Post a Comment