If you click on the picture to expand it, you can see lots of snowflakes - it is frustrating that snow never photographs well, but I guess that's because the magic of falling snow is principally in its movement.
Apparently the local "Yolochnye Bazary" - tree bazaars - are organized by the city government. This is backed up by the extensive, detailed rules and conditions of sale posted by our local bazaar:
I have to confess that when I saw the local yolochny bazar, my first thought was a recollection of a rumor from sometime earlier in December that the city government was going to try to cut down on the number of natural trees available in Moscow this holiday season, because the mayor's wife had cornered the market on artificial trees. That I thought of this before thinking cheerful holiday thoughts says something about the corrosive effects on one's thinking of living in a place where conspiracy theories are frequently put forth by otherwise rational people to explain the vagaries of everyday life.
It was still snowing Wednesday evening, and Triumfal'naia Square was looking peaceful in spite of all the bright lights:
Some BMX-type bikers were taking advantage of the steps around the Mayakovsky statue, as I've seen skaters do quite frequently, and the fresh snow:
1 comment:
Merry Christmas!
I just found your blog, and it's been a good read. Thanks.
Post a Comment