1:50am on a Monday night/Tuesday morning. All of the major Russian broadcast channels are off the air in Moscow. Our building's antenna picks up at least 12 channels usually, but right now the only ones on the air are TNT, which always gets very bad reception in our building and is showing an old reality show - "Golod," I think - which probably wasn't very good the first time around anyway, and DTV-Viasat, which is showing an old episode of the "Jerry Springer Show." I wish I were making this up. Today's subject on Springer appears to be obese women who are also photo models. I am glad that the long-oppressed Russian people were able to heroically cast off the chains of Soviet power in order that they, too, might experience the wonderful freedom of being repulsed by complete strangers in the comfort of one's own home.
Seriously, where are all the other channels?! MUZ-TV always lays claim to being Russia's first 24-hour music channel, but where are you right now, Roman Trakhtenberg?! The 24-hour thing is clearly a pack of lies or has some big caveat, such as "24 hours on weekends only." Or maybe they are open 24 hours a day in a way similar to how so many Moscow hot dog stands do it - with a "tekhnicheskii pereryv" (technical break) from 4 to 8am.
No comments:
Post a Comment