Thursday, January 27, 2005

DC represent

OK, I promise I will post some things from our time in the US, but I haven't even uploaded those photos yet - as you can tell, I'm still dealing with the backlog of things I didn't have time to post in 2004. And I'll try to do some posts over the weekend (if I have time) that are a bit less photo-heavy, or maybe just posts that contain photos of something other than stairs leading underground.

For the time being, though, check out this link - DC street art. For those of you not from the District, I'll point out that this stencil is similar in form to the DC flag, which you can see here, except the street version has skulls in place of the stars. Some would like to make the DC flag look like this, to protest the fact that voters who are residents of the District of Columbia are not properly represented in Congress - they are able to elect only a non-voting representative to the House of Representatives. This recent commentary, co-authored by a friend and former neighbor of mine, explains the situation in greater detail and with justifiable outrage.

No comments: