Wednesday, November 23, 2005

New kid on the blog

There's an interesting new Moscow-related blog in the 'sphere: maaskva: nashimi glazami. This blog is pretty much unique in that nearly all of its posts are bilingual, including an English and a Russian version. The blog's genre could probably be called "slice-of-life," with a definite interactive twist - the blog invites readers to contribute their stories about life in Moscow.

What sold me on this blog and made me want to write it up at a time of day (night) when I should be going to sleep or already there? The author's description of Moscow, which is right on:
There are many little things about this big city I am thankful for: its people, its oh so predictable unpredictability, its sadness, its roughness, its aggressive and creative energy, its metro, its identity. Moscow knows who she is. It might not always be pretty, but boy does She have an answer! Pow!

1 comment:

Raffi Aftandelian said...

Thanks Lyndon for the kind words.

I haven't had a chance to check out your reply to my earlier question, but will.

Warmly,
raffi