Thursday, March 31, 2005

Bliny and Change - part 2

Late last year there was a discussion in this space of Teremok bliny (pancake or crepe) stands and of the company's interesting on-line presence (here at Scraps of Moscow, we cover the REALLY important issues). I went onto their customer forum and asked about getting the cheese in my blin a little more melty, and one of their managers responded that a surprise would be forthcoming in the near future.

Well, I have seen the surprise, and I'm disappointed. They replaced the grated Russian-style cheese with something that looks and tastes like Velveeta slices. It does melt more quickly, but surely there was a better way... Teremok is still better than any of its competitors, though.

3 comments:

Nika said...

Not really relevant - or relevant in a weird kind of way - but I've discovered today that Mikoyan Meat Plan has three sorts of halal (Muslim equivalent of kosher) kolbasa now, which I haven't noticed in the stores yet, but I wasn't really looking either: http://www.mikoyan.ru/new/halal.shtml

Now, completely irrelevant to this or the previous posts, I really love your graffiti photoblog! Thanks! And I've also noticed that sometimes you're walking around the same areas as I do - so I guess when it gets warmer (skoreye by......) and I resume taking pictures, we'll bump into each other, sooner or later!..

Scraps of Moscow said...

Veronica, that is really interesting about Mikoyan, and it actually is sort of relevant to this earlier post of mine about sausage factory advertising.

And thanks for the kind words about the Moscow Graffiti blog. It's good to know that there are people out there as fascinated by this as I am. I have many other recent photos and need to find the time to get some more of them posted soon, so keep visiting the site, there should be updates...

Lao said...

Can you guys get Velveeta in Russia?