
Must be something caused by the pollution in this town getting activated by rainfall after a dry spell.
I got a bit damp as I made my way to the OGI cafe on B. Dmitrovka St., luckily I was not disappointed - they do, in fact, have free wi-fi as claimed by Yandex's hot-spot directory, which, since these things change rapidly, is not always 100% accurate.
Looks like I'll be able to spend today following up on some of the stories that I covered yesterday. I was going to go check out the leftist youth protest planned for today near the Ministry of Internal Affairs building on Gazetny Pereulok, but I think the rain will keep me from doing that. Hopefully the protesters will be more resolute. Apparently NBP activists or supporters were planning to turn up, so I was expecting to see some police beat-downs and/or arrests. But it's too damp outside for my sandals and short-sleeved shirt, even with an umbrella.
4 comments:
There's another Free wi-fi directory at http://freewifi.ru/ which I found via http://www.digenis.org/2005/07/22/freewifiru/
Do not tell me summer is over. Sitting at a Stockholm internet cafe, longing for the hot Moscow summer, that just might be gone when I return next week.
Erik Petersson
(http://samtidigtimoskva.blogspot.com)
Hey, stumbled across your blog. I'm an American that's been living in Moscow for a few years. Just so you know, I'm pretty certain the white foam is caused by street washing that is done in Moscow at night. They literally spray down the streets with soapy water (I've seen this), and so the foam reappears when it rains and cars start driving over it. Thought you might be interested.
That is the best theory I've heard, and it definitely makes sense. Thanks for the comment. Take care of Moscow for me.
Post a Comment