Motherland is the result of British photographer Simon Roberts’ year long journey throughout Russia with his wife Sarah, in which they visited over 200 locations.
Evgenia is a student who works part time as a waitress whilst studying dentistry at the university in Magadan. Its remote location means the cost of living is among the highest in Russia leading to a steady decline in the city’s population.
8 comments:
Only in Russia would you find a real dental nurse wearing fishnet stockings.
Glad he went to Sakhalin Island, too. Okha is a long way in the north, I'm supposed to be taking a helicopter trip there shortly, where I will transfer to another to get to one of the offshore rigs.
I think I've said this before, but you have to realize how lucky you are to be out there choppering around in the wilds. As long as you don't have to spend too much time on the rig.
I think the exhibition is currently in Brixton - a five minute bus ride from me.
I really should get off my backside and go see it...!
I think that's right. Do you know how long the exhibit is going to be open? I'm going to be in London in less than two weeks. If you do go, and there's a good (and not-too-expensive) catalog, I'd buy a copy off you for a 10% markup.
Just checked - it's on until 25th May - so hopefully you'll be able to see it yourself!
I *loved* these. I sent a link to the BBC story to all my Russian family members, and even my Ukrainian dad. ;)
They were refreshing. I only wish I was in London to see the up close.
'Only in Russia would you find a real dental nurse wearing fishnet stockings.'
why u guys are full of stereotypes. Just wondering.
I know one dental nurse and one philosophy student who're wearing fishnet stocking here in Sweden.
Sometime i feel like i wish to castrate all males before they went to Russia.
why u guys are full of stereotypes. Just wondering...
Sometime i feel like i wish to castrate all males before they went to Russia.
why u are so full of violent thoughts and overreactions? Just wondering...
Post a Comment