Platform of the Park Kul'tury metro station on the red line
(known as the "radial" Park Kul'tury station - there's also an
adjacent "ring" Park Kul'tury station on the brown "ring" line)
on the way to the Bukinist store. Often I just hail a car to get
there, because the metro ride requires transferring trains for
a ride that is not really long enough to make that worthwhile.
The exterior of the store during one of the recent days of
blizzard-like conditions.*
View of the store looking to one's right upon entering.
It's not a very big place, but if I haven't been there for
awhile and there are lots of new arrivals, I can easily
spend an hour or more browsing.
View of the store looking to one's left upon entering. The
office where the cashier sits when she has nothing to do
(not an infrequent situation) is visible at far left.
The area I look at first - shelves containing
books published by the famous (among people
who care about these things) Academia
publishing house in the 1920's and 1930's.
Having made some purchases and descended partway into
the Park Kul'tury station, a look back at the entrance/exit
stairwell.
*This photo taken January 27, 2005, shortly after 2pm.
All other photos in this series taken December 25, 2004,
between 10:30 and 11:30am.
1 comment:
I really liked of your site. If you have time please visit personal development products
Post a Comment