Friday, February 11, 2005

From the Motherland - DC sky

OK, I know this is a bit off-topic, but try to forgive me - we've been back in Moscow less than a month and I'm already homesick for DC (not too homesick, but since I'm not usually homesick at all, this is strange). Plus, I have been meaning to post these photos from our trip for a few weeks. Isn't the sky pretty over Washington?


Farmers' and Mechanics' branch of Riggs Bank
(a once venerable and now disgraced Washington
institution, and a former employer of mine)
at Wisconsin Ave. & M St., NW, 3:50pm, Jan. 15, 2005.


13th & W Streets, NW.


Looking north up 12th Place, NW, where I
lived for a year back in the day (1999-2000).


From inside the courtyard of the Harrison Square
townhome development, 12th Place between V & W Sts., NW.

The last three photos are from between 5:15 and 5:20pm on Jan. 14, 2005.

1 comment:

Megan Case said...

Aw, that makes me a little homesick too. Columbia Heights, represent!