After two and a half years, it was time for a change. Plus, this lets me get more text on the page. The font on some of the older pages may look a bit small, though. I'm afraid I won't be going back to edit them all...
But I may swap this template for another one if it turns out I don't like it after a few days, or if it turns out no one else likes it. Feedback, constructive criticism and comments are all welcome.
I've also updated my links list for the first time in forever, so please let me know if there's anything/anyone I missed.
5 comments:
It's all different... So wide...
I'm wondering what kinds of stuff I'm going to cram into my sidebar when my PJM contract expires. Probably please to readers to employ me/pay me to keep out of trouble. Were I a good blogger, I'd update my blogroll. But I'm not, so I'll keep insisting that I'll do it when I get an intern :)
Dear Lyndon,
Way to go with a new template! Even if it is not that important with a blog, it's easier to read with a good layout, and having things updated adds positively to the impression. Moreover, with new Blogger I understand you can change quite a lot relatively quickly, so why should one not use this possibility? Variatio delectat as the old Romans used to say.
Yours,
Vilhelm
Nathan, I have often thought of how the challenging lives of grad/professional students demand interns or research assistants...
The blogroll update was quick and dirty, but I think I got most of the new ones I wanted and culled most of the dead links - it actually didn't take more than an hour once I sat down and just did it.
I am still undecided as to whether I like this layout. It may be too...white for my taste, so I may go back to my old color scheme at some point. But I do like the wide-ness. As long as I can figure out the line spacing (some of the old posts have the text all scrunched together), I think it works better for text-heavy posts than the narrower column I used to have.
Anyone else have thoughts on whether this improves readability or not?
Vilhelm, thanks, it was indeed pretty easy to change things, although I'd love to add a photo in the header and haven't figured out how to do that yet.
I like it - the more white space the better, in my opinion.
Plus, the old design never worked properly for me in Firefox - everything went a bit funny half way down the page. Used to drive me up the wall.
I especially like the recent comments plugin you've installed. Without things like this, I tend to miss posts that people are actually talking about.
Andy, thanks. I remember the issue you're talking about with Blogger blogs on Firefox, as I've seen it on Veronica's blog and elsewhere, and even on Scraps once or twice. Let's hope it never comes back.
As for the comments plugin, I thank you and Sean for the inspiration.
Post a Comment