Cows in boots confuse detectives
March 19 2007 at 07:20PM
London - Romanian cattle rustlers put rubber boots on two cows they had stolen so police couldn't follow their hoof marks.
But they were caught because a pig followed them and left a clear trail of trotter prints.
The three men, from Burila Mare in Mehedinti county, raided a woman's stable during the night.
The owner, Mioara Fratila, from Hinova village in Mehedinti county, called the police.
She told Gazeta de Sud newspaper: "When I woke up in the morning to feed my animals they were all gone... just disappeared.
"There were only boot marks outside. But I looked closer and saw some pig tracks. It seems they ran out of boots or just couldn't find any for the pig."
Police tracked the 14 foot marks and four hoof marks for more than 28km and arrested the three men for theft. - Ananova.com
1 comment:
And I always thought that putting Wellingtons on animals, particularly on sheep, was typically Irish.
(Sorry Ger, I couldn't restrain from making this pun ;-) )
Post a Comment