I have never been much on riddles, but this was too easy. I'm feeling a need to promote some of the best "serious" materials in Russian that exist out there on the web:
Neprikosnovennyi Zapas (Untouchable Reserve), also available in English, which contains "debates about politics and culture." These can be a bit esoteric and unless you are a native Russian speaker may require a dictionary in the original - not all of the articles are available in English, either.
An apparently associated publication, Novoe Literaturnoe Obozrenie (New Literary Review).
Otechestvennye Zapiski (Notes of the Fatherland, but they just call it OZ in the English-language abstract) - a true "thick journal." Expensive in hard-copy form, but apparently free on-line.
I guess Polit.ru can be included in this group as "serious" also, even though I can't think of any funny riddles about the title.
Tomorrow I am off to the airport at 5:45am to SPB - maybe I will be able to translate something of interest on the way (using my handy Blackberry не совсем по назначению), and come back with a few interesting posts at once on Friday night (when I'll be back in Moscow) but more likely it just means I'll come back tired and that there won't be anything new here for a couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment