Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Putin on the Ritz"

This is rather hilarious (the summary for this clip at the "Mini Movie" website reads, "Two lame duck leaders and one classic song can only add up to one thing: DANCING!"):



Via drugoi.

[update May 29 - I changed the embedded video to the version uploaded on YouTube, since the Mini Movie embed for some reason cannot be made not to play every time the front page of the blog is loaded. If anyone knows how to fix this for my future reference, please let me know.

Also, a couple of articles from years past which used "Putin on the Ritz" as their headline:

- Michael McFaul's review of Peter Baker and Susan Glasser's book, Kremlin Rising;
- an article by Nikolas Gvosdev about the 2006 G-8 summit in St. Petersburg.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean just one lame duck leader? Bob recently broke down a lot of the similarities shared by these two, including the sovereign democracy and unitary executive link.

http://www.robertamsterdam.com/2008/05/the_shared_legacy_of_bush_and.htm

Scraps of Moscow said...

James, sure, that's right - but just to clarify, the reference to "two lame duck leaders" was something I was quoting from the website where this video was first posted.

Thanks for that link - although I try to read robertamsterdam.com regularly, you guys have so much content that sometimes I miss something.

Anonymous said...

I don't think tea at The Ritz with my grandmother will ever be the same after this video.