Sunday, May 06, 2007

Photoset at winter's end

I thought I remembered seeing something in a Russian blog about snow in Moscow in the past few days, but I can't find any verification on the internet (interestingly, it's much harder to find info about the weather three days ago than forecasts for three days in the future). But as recently as late April, snow in Mo-town was documented by Chris at his blog. Anyway, here in DC it's definitely safe to say that winter is over and the summer heat is about to set in. So here are a few photos that might prove useful to us all as we try to stay cool in the coming summer months. All are from a couple of morning walks in St. Petersburg on Dec 25-26, 2005.


Local prosecutor's office





L'vinyi Most (Lions' Bridge)

Cat by the entrance to Nikolsky Sobor

5 comments:

Rubashov said...

There were snowflakes falling from the sky about a week ago, Sunday I think. But it wasn't that much, nor did it last very long and everything evaporated the moment it touched the ground. A few days ago (don't remember which day) it was a bit cold and we had some sleet, but again it pretty much melted quickly. I think winter is over here too...

Autor said...

Beautiful Pictures!

Scraps of Moscow said...

Thanks to R for the weather update - and congrats on winter's end, now you can start enjoying the Moscow summer - and to "Clausewitz" for the kind words.

Tim Newman said...

Lyndon, you might like this selection of photos I stumbled across online.

Scraps of Moscow said...

Tim, thanks, those are beautiful. I have to say I preferred the second half of that batch to the more postcard-like first half, but thanks for posting the link. Moscow has so many faces...