Monday, February 26, 2007

Dogs of war?

On the way to the Tbilisi airport, just before 6am, Aug. 15, 2006.

I only had the chance to spend a couple of days in Tbilisi last summer (my first, and so far only, trip to Georgia), but the impressions, sulphur baths, and khachapuri made it well worth the trip. On the way into the city, I saw this sign, an example of US-Georgian official love, and resolved to make sure to get a picture of it on the way back to the airport. So I asked my cabbie to stop for a minute, and to my good fortune one of Tbilisi's strays strayed into the shot. Although the photo is certainly not visually stunning in any way, I couldn't have planned the dog's presence any better if I had tried.

1 comment:

Vilhelm Konnander said...

Dear Lyndon,

Thanks for posting the photo! That they renamed the road to the airport for George W. Bush's visit the other year has really made me chuckle with amusement ever since, and now I have pictorial proof of it as well. Posting it was thus a true service to mankind... ;)

Yours,

Vilhelm